The 8th of the '10 finals' takes place today, perhaps the toughest remaining fixture for the Whites in La Liga this season, Valencia visit the Bernabeu with their eyes on the last Champions League spot while the hosts look to keep the pressure on leaders Barcelona with the hope of a setback for the Catalans. Even though Real are coming off a loss at Turin in the Champions League, they are currently on a magnificent run of form in the league with 7 consecutive wins
, a winning run that's longer than any
other team in Europe's Top 5 Leagues at the moment. Slightly more than a month ago, the Madrid papers and media started the '30 points mission', which was pretty simple: win every one of the remaining last 10 games and hope for Barcelona to slip up. Real Madrid are currently keeping to their word in that regard as they have won 7 of the last 10 matches with 2 home matches remaining and a trip to Espanyol. However the Valencia visit is still considered as the toughest of the matches yet to be played.
Valencia have always been a heavy visitor at the Bernabeu with Real Madrid being unable to win any of the last 3 home matches in La Liga vs Valencia (all ended in a draw). In addition to that, Valencia will have the added incentive of competing for the 4th Champions League spot so they definitely won't be coming in looking for a 'good time' or just 'not to lose'. At the moment, Valencia have already guaranteed a spot in the group stage of next season's Europa League, but with only 3 points separating them from 5th placed Sevilla, they will definitely be looking at securing that 4th spot with a good result tonight.
The 3 questions that were asked since the ref blew the final whistle in Turin 4 days ago have regularly been:
- Well Ancelotti rest anybody tonight for the return leg?
- Is Sergio Ramos going to be picked for a midfield role again tonight?
- Will Gareth Bale start giving his poor performance and Chicharito's form?
The answers to these questions will be known about an hour before kickoff as the Italian 'mister' still hasn't given any clues as to his formation/ling-up for tonight.
Real Madrid Stats
- Real Madrid have lost just one of their last 10 matches in all competitions (8 wins, 1 draw).
- Real Madrid have conceded 2 goals in 3 of their last 4 matches in all competitions.
- Real Madrid have scored in 16 of their last 18 matches in all competitions.
- Real Madrid have won each of their last 7 Liga matches with an aggregate score of 27-6.
- Real Madrid have scored 10 goals in their last 3 Liga matches.
- Real Madrid have won 14 of their last 15 home Liga matches (1 draw).
- Real Madrid have scored 3+ goals in each of their last 4 home Liga matches.
- The aggregate score for Real Madrid's last 5 home Liga matches is 17-2.
- Real Madrid have scored in every single home match this season.
- Real Madrid have lost just one of their last 13 matches vs Valencia.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 9 goals in just 10 Liga matches vs Valencia.
- Cristiano Ronaldo needs just one goal to reach his 220th goal in La Liga.
- Cristiano Ronaldo is just one goal away from reaching 55 goals in all competitions this season.
- Real Madrid are undefeated in their last 8 home matches vs Valencia.
- Real Madrid have kept 5 clean sheets in their last 7 home matches vs Valencia.
- Valencia were the team that ended Real Madrid's historic 22-match winning streak.
- Valencia have scored 6 goals in their last 3 matches vs Real Madrid.
- Valencia have lost just one of their last 4 matches vs Real Madrid.
- Valencia are undefeated in their last 3 trips to the Bernabeu in La Liga (3 draws).
- If Valencia defeats Real Madrid tonight and Sevilla lose, Valencia will guarantee a UCL spot.
- Valencia have won just 6 of their 17 away Liga matches this season.
- Valencia have scored in 14 of their 17 away Liga matches this season.
- Villarreal (11) is the only team with more away draws than Valencia (7) in La Liga this season.
- Valencia's entire squad (64) have scored less goals than Real Madrid's BBC (70) in La Liga this season.
- Valencia have won just 2 Liga matches vs Real Madrid in the last 7 years.
- Valencia have lost just one of their last 14 Liga matches.
- Valencia have lost just 2 of their last 11 away Liga matches.
- Valencia have scored in 12 of their last 14 Liga matches.
- Valencia have won just 7 of their last 35 matches vs Real Madrid in all competitions.
- Valencia have lost 5 and drawn 3 of their last 8 away matches vs Real Madrid.