The first of the 10 finals
in La Liga kicks off tomorrow as Real host Granada in the 29th round of this season's La Liga campaign. Real Madrid will be looking to bounce back from their lacklustre efforts pre-break and they have a more than perfect opportunity in Granada to flex their muscles as the visitors are struggling, to put it mildly. Ancelotti's men won the reverse fixture 4-0 with ease and they should encounter no problems of imitating the score or even exceeding it this time around. Granada currently sit in 19th
place in La Liga with just 4 wins from their 28 league matches. They have lost 13 matches and earned just 23 points, their record deteriorates even more away from home as they have played 14 away matches in La Liga this season; with just one win. In fact, Granada;s last away win in any competition was over half a year ago. Real Madrid, on the other hand, will have all but one of their players available (Pepe) with the international break over and a seemingly invaluable boost in energy, confidence, and intensity. It therefore seems that this match has arrived at just the right moment as Real can start their final stretch of matches on the right foot while at the same time Ancelotti might be able to experiment a bit as Isco is suspended for the match (after picking up his 5th yellow card) while James is back in the squad. So this might [resent an opportunity for Ancelotti to apply the 4-4-2 we saw vs Barcelona with a midfield of James, Kroos, Modric, and Bale playing behind Cristiano and Benzema. This fixture can also be a chance for the team to please their fans, after a string of poor performances, with a big win in front of the home crowds. With all that in mind, a seemingly unimportant game will be hugely impactful in setting up the team's metaphorical mood
for the month of April, a month that can see Real fight back to make this season a one for the ages, or crumble and fall into a heap that will most likely result in several figures being shown the exit doors come July.
Real Madrid Stats
- Real Madrid have won 7 of their last 8 matches vs Granada.
- Real Madrid have scored 10 goals in their last 3 home matches vs Granada.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored 6 goals in 7 matches vs Granada in La Liga, 4 of those were at the Bernabeu.
- Cristiano Ronaldo is just 2 goals away from reaching 210 goals in La Liga.
- Real Madrid have won 15 of their 20 home matches in all competitions this season.
- Real Madrid have scored 2+ goals in 15 of their last 17 home matches in all competitions.
- Real Madrid have won just 3 of their last 7 Liga matches.
- Real Madrid have won just 1 of their last 5 matches in all competitions.
- Real Madrid have conceded just 3 goals in their last 7 home Liga matches.
- Real Madrid have scored 2+ goals in 11 of their 13 home Liga matches this season.
- Real Madrid have failed to score in just 3 of their last 42 matches in all competitions.
- Real Madrid have scored in 90 of their last 93 home Liga matches.
- Real Madrid have scored in each of their last 47 home matches in all competitions.
- Real Madrid have lost just 4 of their last 92 home matches in all competitions.
- Real Madrid are just one goal away from reaching 120 goals in all competitions this season.
- Real Madrid are one goal away from reaching 60 goals at home in all competitions this season.
- If Real Madrid win, it will be Ancelotti's 80th win with the club.
- Granada have won just 2 of their last 18 matches in all competitions.
- Granada's only away win in all competitions this season was over half a year ago.
- Granada have lost 8 of their last 10 away matches in all competitions (with 2 draws).
- Granada have failed to keep a clean sheet in 21 of their last 28 matches.
- Granada have scored just one goal in their last 5 matches vs Real Madrid.
- Granada have kept just one clean sheet in their last 14 away matches in all competitions.
- Granada have scored more than one goal in just one match this entire season.
- Granada have won just 5 of their 32 matches in all competitions this season.
- Granada have won just 2 of their last 24 Liga matches.
- Granada's entire squad (21) have scored just half the goals Cristiano has scored this season (42).
- No team in La Liga this season has scored less goals than Granada's 18.
- Granada is the team with the most draws in La Liga this season (11), while Real Madrid is the team with the fewest draws (1).