- We really couldn't have played much worse and are only down by a 2 -1 margin with a precious 'away' goal.
- We should have 'The Cat' - Karim Benzema back for the second leg of the tie and with him, hopefully, some more danger up front.
- Perhaps C.A. will see fit to leave our best player, Isco, on the pitch for the full 90'
- We had a bit of bad luck to go along with our lack luster play. The cross bar robbed us of a 2 - 2 draw.
- We could be a little less generous and stop giving away free goals with stupid penalties in the area.
- Where's the side that sacrificed and put it all out there for 180 plus minutes against Bayern last year? The side we saw in the second half against Dortmund two years ago. We know they're in there somewhere, that they can do it! I fondly remember Bale harassing Bayern forwards to Casillas' end line all game long last year, ahhh, those Bayern days...
- We will be wearing white on May 13th. That means playing in the friendly confines of Fort Bernabeu (decidedly unfriendly if you don't put your heart and soul into it!)
Deep breath... in through the nose... out through the mouth... whisper namaste... go to your happy place... (repeat 10 times). They say after a traumatic event, you shouldn't make any major decisions in your life, or write any editorials. I think I'm ready... It was so disappointing, to say the least, to lose. However, to lose while playing so poorly in such a big game is heart breaking. It is doubly hard to take when in the previous round, Monaco, yes that powerhouse Monaco, played Juve much, much better than Real Madrid. I have to agree with the other Liga managers out there. Injuries are no excuse for Ancelotti's side, especially when your bench is the 3rd most expensive side in La Liga. Let's take a look at the up side for Los Blancos...